Monday, May 23, 2011

Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting

My mom can sometimes be kind of obsessive when it comes to food, so when she started randomly hinting at how much she hoped I would make this for a Mother's Day treat for her, I knew better than to deny her.  :) I was glad I did...this frosting is the perfect balance of sweet and salty. It has great peanut flavor, without being overwhelming, and is paired perfectly with the garbanzo bean chocolate cupcakes. This frosting holds it's shape and pipes beautifully, it's great for any peanut lover!



The ingredients:


1 jar (7-oz.) marshmallow cream
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 Tbs. milk (I used heavy cream instead)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 cups powdered sugar

Directions: In a medium bowl beat marshmallow cream, creamy peanut butter, and butter until smooth.  Increase speed to medium and beat in milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until desired consistency and sweetness level is reached.   Pipe or spread over cooled cake or cupcakes.  Enjoy! 


No comments: